Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DLL file missing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BobFrank

BobFrank

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

When I login to windows xp, I get a box pop up that says The applicator or DLL C:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AcAdproc.dll is not a valid windows image. Then, I get another box that pops up and says CTF Loader has encountered a problem and needs to close. APPNAME:ctfmon.exe, ModName:msctf.dll. How can I fix this?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 November 2010 - 03:57 PM.
Move to AII for initial assistance. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

Hello I do not believe this is a malware issue and I don't know where they moved this from...
I do belive running SFC will fix it though.

Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files

NOTE for Vista users..The command needs to be run from an elevated Command Prompt.
Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,
right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'

You will need your operating system CD handy.

Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Then click File.. then New Task(Run)

In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /

Click OK
Let it run and insert the XP CD when asked.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 thakursn

thakursn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

Hello,

Acadproc.dll is either a legitimate Windows XP registry file, or it is the Trojan backdoor program alternately called Trojan.VbCrypt. The authentic entry is usually found in the folder C:\Windows\AppPatch and is the Windows Compatibility library. It requires kernel32.dll in order to function properly. On the other hand, the Trojan Backdoor program by the same file name is found in C:\Windows\AppPathch. This malicious entry is so named to deceive more users who will end up downloading what they think is a legitimate file. It implants arbitrary code and additional spyware programs after receiving access to your hard drive.

Multiple problems can arise when acadproc.dll is in error when starting up and shutting down Windows. In the process, you’ll usually receive an alert error with a citing that it is “not a valid image file.” It can also prevent booting in safe mode and reinstalling Windows XP. These problems were cited to occur when upgrading to Service Pack 3. The spyware version of this program can slow Windows performance, choke your browsing bandwidth, and make your system unstable. Eventually your PC will crash if you don’t fix your registry.

Recommendation:
In the case of the legitimate file being corrupted, it can be extremely difficult to fix it manually. Don’t do this unless you absolutely know what you’re doing. Instead, it is highly recommended to use a registry scanner to repair this problem. In the case of malware infection, it is highly suggested that you run an antispyware scan to remove the infection. The safest way to identify invalid files is to run a scan that will identify invalid, missing, or corrupted registry entries that have accumulated in your registry over time.

Source: RegistryLibrary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users