Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with ???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Danhar

Danhar

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

Did all the stuff BC asked to do for a slow computer. Downloaded DDS and ran it but nothing come out like it was supposed.
Also downloaded GMER, extrached the files and ran the program. After a few minutes the screen showed a lot of things linked
to internet explorer, then it crashed and I had to run it again, it froze the computer. Today I ran it again and sat in front of the computer so it couldn't go to the screen saver(at which time it freezes) There is nothing on the report(or so
I thing)
Anyhow the first file that went to note pad is too big to upload so I make smaller files of it.
I just tried to upload the ARK.TXT file from the gmer program and it says there is no file to upload.
Thanks
Dan

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

Hello Danhar

Welcome to BleepingComputer :)
==========================
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on OTL to run it.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

Please do not pm for help, post it in the forums instead.

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#3 Danhar

Danhar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

Hello,
Downloaded OTL and ran it, here are the files that it created.
Thanks
Dan

Attached Files

#4 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

You are welcome I see no signs of malware what are your current issues?

If I am helping you and have not responded for 48 hours please send me a pm as I don't always get notifications.

My help is always free, however, if you would like to make a donation to me for the help I have provided please click here Posted Image

#5 Danhar

Danhar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

As I tried to get to bleeping computer,I get redirect to another site (gooleanalytics.com), this happens quite a bit.
Should I get rid of internet explorer? Not sure what to do?
Thanks
Dan

#6 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Are you connected via a router?

#7 Danhar

Danhar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

Forum addict
My notebook is connected via a wireless router, but my wifes computer is experienceing the same thing.

#8 kahdah

kahdah

• Security Colleague
  • 11,138 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Yes and you probably have her's connected through the router as well correct with a cable?
If so disconnect the wired tower or laptop from the router and connect it straight from the modem into the computer.
Then see if the redirects stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users