Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fgbrune3

fgbrune3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:49 PM

We had a friend install Windows XP. He forgot the password he used when he installed it and now we can't get into the system at all. Is there a way to boot up bypassing the password? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:53 PM

You are in a bit of a spot. You have put us in the same spot. First I will not help you crack a password. The reason is if you are not the owner I would have helped you preform an illegal act. There is software designed for that purpose and it is openly available on the internet, I just can't recommend it. Second there is no work around for the XP passwoord.
When you said he forgot the password after he installed windows, does this mean you never started using the computer. If this is the case a reinstall is what you should do. The reinstall will only take a couple of hours, which is quicker than some of the password cracking techniques.
It's not that we can't help you, it's that we don't know you. Not to be rude but for all we know you are some kid trying to crack his teahers computer, or something similar.
I'm sorry this had to be your first Topic at BC.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 fgbrune3

fgbrune3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

Thank you for your reply. We paid Bill Gates and Microsoft for XP upgrade. Just had not installed it until our daughters friend next door said he would do it for us. We will do a reinstall, so thank you. Also, thank you for implying we are criminals. I am also sorry this had to be our/mine first topic with BC. Believe me, it will be the last.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

I was not implying you are a criminal, but if it were your computer someone else was trying to crack into I don't think you would be happy about that either.
I apologize if you took it the wrong way, but not for looking out for everyone as a whole.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 floyd

floyd

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

fgbrune,quit complaining. If you just listened to what aklan just said he described his position very civilly. Do we have a guilty conscience?

I for one appreciate the help I've gotten here in the past and I appreciate their honesty and courtesy. I think any reasonable person could not take that explanation as anything but courteous, unless...
Floyd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users