Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Eset Scanner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

When I go to the Eset website and try to ren the free esetonline scanner it will not load. I am using windows XP. Let me explain, when I click the read user agreement and hit the start scan button I know I am supposed to get install activexx or some sort of message press ok then install. I am not sure with my spelling but I have used Eset online scanner before. After I press the start scan I get a different screen that stays blank for sometime then it goes bak to the original Eset website. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong or need more info I can supply the info. Thanks!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:43 AM

What browser are you using? If it is not Internet Explorer, you will be given the option to download and use the ESET Smart Installer.

Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator from the context menu.[/color][/i]

You could also try doing another Online Virus Scan like F-Secure or Kaspersky.
-- Some online scanners like Kaspersky and F-Secure requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before scanning for malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

What browser are you using? If it is not Internet Explorer, you will be given the option to download and use the ESET Smart Installer.

Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer as Administrator from the context menu.[/color][/i]

-- Some online scanners like Kaspersky and F-Secure requires free Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to be installed before scanning for malware.

I am using Internet Explorer and Windows XP

#4 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

I am using Internet Explorer and Windows XP I downloaded Java but I get the same results. I hit the start to scan button and check the accept license agreement box i then get another screen that stays blanks for awile the goes back to the first Eset scanner screen.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Posting Tip: There is no need to quote the entire post you're replying to. Just use the Posted Image button (found at the top and bottom of the page) instead of the ''Quote" button (found under each post).

If you cannot perform a scan with Internet Explorer, download and use an alternate browser like Firefox instead. Then perform an online scan with Eset Online Anti-virus Scanner or Trend Micro Housecall.

As I said, when using a different browser with Eset, you will be given the option to download and use the ESET Smart Installer.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

I was able to download the eset scanner. I temporarily disabled my avast real time anti virus and enabled some of the activeX settings in internet explorer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users