Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firefox keeps crashing all day , help ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stovy

Stovy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:36 AM

I need some help . I have been having problems all freaking day with fire fox crashing on certain web pages and then I can't get it to force close I have to restart my laptop grr it is annoying.Some pages I try are , face book , play station forum, and few other BIG sites . I dunno what the hell is going , it only started this today.I've tried deleting all my cookies , def ragging , disk clean up . and all that crap . and I"m stumped now . Any got any bright ideas here ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Hi,

I need to know what operating system you are using. Have you tried running firefox in safe mode: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/safe+mode
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Stovy

Stovy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:43 PM

I am running on a XP toshiba laptop . NO I have run firefox in safe mode yet, do I need too ?

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

Try and run it in safe mode and see if it crashes, if it doesn't then you have an issue with an add-on if it does then we will go further. :)
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

The sites you mention use flash throughout them. (Facebook on games, Playstation uses it randomly).

Try firefox in safe mode, as suggested, and if it doesn't happen uninstall the Flash plugin and reinstall it from the Adobe website.

Edited by NpaMA, 21 November 2010 - 01:50 PM.

#6 Stovy

Stovy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:25 PM

Ok my fire fox finally comes . I can't find safe mode or even get it to run in that mode. For some reason it is taking hell of a long time to bring up firefox . At least over 10 ten mins . I mean this darn thing worked just fine Friday mooring and all day to last night even . I think its adope reader being messed up as it won't install the update for some reason and tells me that my windows installer may not be installed, but I do have the latest update on that as I just checked . Could my laptop be on it's last leg of operation ? it is only like 3-4 years old . Thanks for your help guys. Much quicker then dealing phone tech :thumbsup:

OK I did update fire fox to make sure it had the latest update and so far it is running up and smooth again .I'll keep posted if I begin to have any more issues. Again thanks guys !

Edited by Stovy, 21 November 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#7 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:33 AM

3-4 is still pretty "young" compared to the life span of many PCs (Of course assuming this PC wasn't out of date when you bought it).

Glad you got it working but have you ran any virus/malware scans? If so was anything found?

Edited by NpaMA, 22 November 2010 - 02:35 AM.

#8 Stovy

Stovy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

NpaMA, thanks for your replay . But my dang problem came back again gr . I don't know what is going on now .But for some reason it won't load Fire fox in any mod . It just sits there and does nothing so far.I was out of town for 3 days so I dunno. What should I try doing next ? The only virus scan i is called spy ware terminator and it doesn't even run the internet part of as you gotta pay for it ( who wants to right lol ) This is really getting frustrating as everything works just fine on the dang laptop .Tho I do have problems getting Itunes to work but that is a whole another problem . What should I do next ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users