Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bootup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 magicmunchkin

magicmunchkin

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:17 AM

Hi everyone.
Is there any way that you could give us a tutorial on making boot disks? I apparently can tinker with BIOS, reinstall my modem and my motherboard and reinstall windows but lack the forsight to save a boot disk. If a tutorial isn't possible can someone tell me how it's done?
Thanks alot
Magic
Have a Great Day!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:33 PM

Windows 9x*Grinler Open Add/Remove programs
The last tab should say "Startup Disk"

Windows XP
Requires 6 floppy disks and the files must be downloaded from Microsoft
Use the install CD

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:45 PM

Any even easier method is to put a floppy in your drive, click on my computer, right click on the a: drive, and click on format.

Make sure you put a check mark in make a system disk or create an ms-dos startup disk, and press ok.

When it is done you will be able to boot off that floppy. Make sure you copy any files you need onto it.

You can also find a lot of different premade bootdisks for your at http://www.bootdisk.com. Read the Read1st link on that site to learn how to make them.

PS: Moving this topic to a more appropriate forum as it has turned into a answer/tip rather than a suggestion :thumbsup:

#4 dudeman

dudeman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:05 PM

You beat me to it Grinler... bootdisk.com lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users