Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Disk Missing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bjtuck

bjtuck

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:34 AM

I have 2 250GB SATA's setup as Raid 1 or mirrored which is my E drive and 2 75GB

SATA's set up as raid 0 stiped which is my C drive. When I started my computer

drive E wasn't reconized. When read in disk management, drive C is reconized and

online, But drive E isn't reconized but shows up below as basic and unallocated but online.

I suspect when I installed the lastest nforce4 amd chipset drivers and went to

shut down the computer. I killed the power too soon because sometimes my computer

hangs waiting for a program to close and it may of been writing somthing

important. Anyway, I can't do a restore point because restore dosen't see drive

E. I can't find a driver to rollback. It seems all I should have to do is

re-reconize the drive I did this and nothing happened. The next thing I was

going to do is reinstall the nforce4 driver. I'm running XP Pro Could anyone please help? Thank you

for your time. BJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:56 PM

A similar thing happened to me a while ago. Check the BIOS to ensure that the drive is registering correctly. Sometimes my computer will, for no reason, change the BIOS setting for the PS drive to "None" and it causes a similar problem with Windows to that which you've described. I don't know why it does this nor why it only affects my primary slave and not any other drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users