Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavailiom DV6500 won't boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhornberger

jhornberger

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

I have an HP Pavilion dv6500 notebook. When I turn the power on it shows the HP logo for a few seconds and then the screen goes blank and stays blank with the fan running. Is there a site to download a retore disk if that is what I need. I have tried different f keys but I am not sure what I am doing in that dept. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

Try tapping F8 when you first turn on the computer. If this works it will take you to the Advanced Boot options, try booting into safe mode. If you can run chkdsk c: /p.

Go to Start> Run and type in cmd and then click on OK. In the page that opens type is chkdsk c: /p and press the enter key on your keyboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jhornberger

jhornberger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Thank you very much for replying. I tapped F8 and got to the safe start area and after I hit enter the screen went blank and stayed that way. I also tried safe start in the command prompt and the same thing happen. If you know of anything I can do, please let me know. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users