Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chassis Fan Not Detceted

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soldier

Soldier

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:46 AM

Computer Manufacturer: compaq
Computer Model:EV0 D310
Operating System: windows 2000 pro
CPU: G.intel 2391MHz
Hard drive size:40 GB
Amount of memory installed:256 MB
BIOS: 68602 v3.16
Video adapter:
When did the problem start:about 2 months before
What you were doing when the problem first appeared:when a pc technician tried to solve the beep sound problem on boot.
Any new software or hardware installed recently:nothing
Any other information you think might help:
well i have a pc in ma office, with the above mentioned configurations, i was getting a beep sound on boot, a technician cam from IT section and check RAM and did some thing in BIOS i think. After that we started a double beep sounds and a message saying "512-chassis fan not detected, initializing intel boot agent version 4.1.08, PXE 2.1 build 083 (WFM 2.0), RPL v2.74"
F1: Boot
and it work by pressing f1 key, and working nicely.
in fact there r 2 fans, a power supply fan and a CPU fan and no other fan, but i was not getting that message before.
any help will be appreciated.
thank u all there.
soldier

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:01 AM

There is a senior in the fan that may have gone bad. A fan is only $5-+. If you are sure the fans are working you can ignore the message(I would not), or change the onboard fans out with a known good fan till you found the bad fan.
The reason I would not let it go is heat is a killer of computers and thier compontants. If you have a fan failure with the senior bad you wll not be aware of it. If the senior is bad the chances of the fan going out soon are pretty good.
If you choose to live with the message look for erratic behavior like unexpected reboots, and freezing. This is a sign of heat related problems.
Good luck.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Soldier

Soldier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:48 AM

thanks Acklan, totally agree with u, just wanna try 1st reset bios setting to default, if not work than i will think about new fan. will update u later about it.
thanks again
soldier

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:05 AM

Good deal. Keep us up to date.

#5 Soldier

Soldier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:48 PM

hi again, i reset my bios to defaul setting but it not worked, so i m affraid i have fix one fan on chassis. wat confuse me is that there was no chassis fan before and i was not getting this message but now i m getting this message.
do some one have idea about it?
friendly regards
soldier

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:01 PM

:thumbsup: You should have a 3 pin connector on the motherboard labeled "FAN 1" "FAN 2". It will not matter which you plug in. All thought you did not have one, I would install one. Never heard of a computer being too cool.

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:57 PM

Download Everest Home Edition (freeware) from
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/everest.html

After you install it, open the "computer" tree by clicking on the +, then on sensor, and see what it says about your fan speeds and how many it shows.

It will also tell you the temps of your processor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users