Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Re-Direct Virus on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GWBlack

GWBlack

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hello everybody,

This is my first post, and so I apologize if this has already been discussed. I searched through some recent posts, but many seem to apply to different operating systems, etc.

My computer is infected with what seems to be a "Re-direct virus." When I click on links on a Google search page, I am re-directed to other sites. Is there a simple fix for my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit system? Feel free to refer me to a past post/website. In the past, I have used MalwareBytes to fix a Trojan virus and it worked very well. However, I don't know if it'll work for this type of re-direct virus.

Thanks in advance for any help!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gary

ON EDIT - Never mind. I think I fixed it using SUPERAntiSpyware and the article shown in the following link: So far, so good!

http://www.brighthub.com/internet/google/articles/66090.aspx

Edited by GWBlack, 20 November 2010 - 03:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users