Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task View when My Network Places folder is accesed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 redoak

redoak

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

I understand that there are two "views" available when accessing "My Network Places" in XP Pro. Both should display a left pane. However, when I supposedly toggle for "Task View" there is no left pane. It is there for the other "view," the name of which escapes this 81 year old.

A friend has told me the left pane must be disabled. How do I enable it?

Thanks {redoak}
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 redoak

redoak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

I have found the answer to my question. Someone please declare this "Resolved."
I am 81 years "young" and enjoying becoming computer "savvy." Need help from sites like this from time to time. Thanks to the folks who provide the assistance to those of us in need.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

I meant to reply earlier...must have forgotten while attending to a spam post...but there is only one window on my systems.

There is the typically list of submenus to the left but that's not really a different pane, just a series of shortcuts for users in XP related to networking.

Anyway...glad you found the answer, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users