Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media player 11 for vista

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 koolgent777

koolgent777

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hello everybody,

My windows media player is corrupt, the internet radio will not connect to the internet, the media guide does not function properly. Is there some way I can repair it. I will not uninstall. What can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Angbblue

Angbblue

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

Corrupt files are always virus damaged files. You have to get rid of all the viruses and malware first, or else nothing is going to work as far as repairing your player. Once your all clean, I would simply download and install a brand new copy of Windows Media Player 11 right over the old one. Microsoft offers a free download of Windows Media Player 11.

sig_zpssbt5rtdf.png

#3 koolgent777

koolgent777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:52 AM

Thanks, but I tried that already.

#4 Angbblue

Angbblue

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:31 AM

Are you referring to Windows Media Player for firefox or in another Browser of yours? If so, the fix for your problem is super easy. All I need to know is what browser you are using. Which Internet browser are you trying to listen to your streaming radio on?

sig_zpssbt5rtdf.png

#5 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

Firefox uses an add-on for media player 11:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users