Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inspiron B130 screen goes black after booting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seandil

seandil

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

HI,
I have a DELL Inspriron B130. I was downloading an audio-book and the next day my computer screen was black. I re-booted and it starts to boot then the screen goes black. I can not get into safe mode or the BIOS or Setup menu by pushing either F2 or F12. I did hookup another monitor to the laptop and IT works? I got two drivers showing up in device manager under where the video drivers are. My system restore was turned off, so there is no point to restore from. I tried deleting the driver and rolling them back, nothing to roll back to. The driver would not uninstall either. Its some Microsoft Chipset mobile driver. I put in a boot type CD from DELL and I could here it spinning, but the screen was still black. I used spybot and Avira premium to try and fix the situation. Spybot did clean 160 errors, but Avira Premium found no viruses. I went Dell and downloaded all the drivers I could for this computer and still no fix. Since the screen does come on, I am guessing its OK. Something is causing this from my file sharing download I believe. Can anyone help? I am running XP.

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 21 November 2010 - 08:43 AM.
Moved frrom MRL, no logs, to Internal Hardware ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 seandil

seandil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:00 PM

I have either a bad backlight or converter. Its a hardware problem. My screen has pinkish hues before it goes off. I am replacing both. My cheapest find was on eBay.

Sorry I bothered anyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users