Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 dez1068

dez1068

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

Okay, as per requested, I'm starting a new topic in this forum. I had originally posted in the Am I Intected forum (topic title: Virus, Topic Description: Backdoor....just in case you want to review everything that has been going on.) and was instructed to try several things. I did exactly as instructed, I ran MBAM, ATF, SAS and TDSSkiller, followed everything to a T. Now, I'm having a problem with my services not working. It appears as though I'm in normal mode, however on the windows user accounts start-up page, there's an added Administrator user and when I click on my user account everything looks normal except that the task bar looks like what it would in safe mode. Also, when I run msconfig, all my services are stopped. I then went to Administrator tools and tried restarting the services, but then I get a message This service cannot be started in safe mode. I am not in safe mode. Okay, so then I was asked to boot in safe mode and do windows updates so I booted in safe mode, went to updates and when it starts to look for updates then I check on custom instead of express and this is the message I get: The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. So, since I can't even install updates, I took it upon myself and yes I know I probably shouldn't have, but I know that having too many different anti-virus programs installed can cause conflict so I deleted MBAM, ATF, SAS and TDSSkiller thinking that would work. It didn't! Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

Please post the DDS and GMER logs as a reply to this topic and I'll merge them to the post above and remove my reply so your topic won't get lost. If you cannot produce the logs, in the reply please state what happens when you try to create them.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 dez1068

dez1068
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

I'm not sure what a DDS or GMER log is, can you please tell me how to produce those.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:27 PM

Please read my response to your other topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic361315.html/page__view__findpost__p__2025333 The instructions are there.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 dez1068

dez1068
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for all your help. Unfortunately, my computer completely crashed and I had no option but to completely have my operating system re-installed. If ever in the future I have a problem, (although I hope I don't) I will most certainly come back here for help. I think what you volunteers are doing is great and I know it is well appreciated.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Thank you for letting us know. Sometimes a reformat and reinstall is the quickest solution.

Since this issue seems to be resolved, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users