Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound works but very low volume please help :)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RENEDDI

RENEDDI

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:39 PM

hello friends, i currently encountered this problem with my computer, i have a windows xp and currently have a Realtek AC97 as my audio drivers, all was working fine volume was loud and clear all of a sudden the sound just went real low, tried changing speakers, checked all my volume settings under device manager, all settings are fine, reset and restarted pc, did a system recovery, tried using headphones, still same results, nothing is muted, all volumes levels are set to high as when they were working fine, so now i basically ran out of options to try, i also updated all drivers to include audio/video drivers to current dates and still the volume is crisp and clear but very very low. if anyone could give me a few more pointers of what to try i would gladly try anything, thanks in advance buddies :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

Desktop, or laptop?
You may simply have audio chip damaged.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 RENEDDI

RENEDDI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

thanks broni, it is a desktop, how would i go about checking it? are there any more in depth troubleshooting steps i should take?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

There is really no way to check, but looking at what you've done so far, it looks like the only possibilities.
You can get simple PCI audio card for 15 bucks, or so.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 RENEDDI

RENEDDI
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:32 AM

oh ok, thank you buddy, so this would explain the low volume level?

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

I think, it's worth a shot...

My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users