Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows seven won't boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeff may

jeff may

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

After a virus attack, my emachines e525 will not boot. On powerup, the notebook will post, then shut right off, post again, shut off, post.......forever. Using a widows 7 disk to try to recover, windows loads files, starting windows, repair your computer,system recovery options, shows no values in the os/partition size/location list. I am not familiar with windows 7 and don't know where to look for drivers to populate the list. I can use a generic boot disk with windows pe to explore the contents of my hard disk and view/edit/run files on the hard disk. I would rather try to recover this thing than slash/burn/reload windows 7. Please help.
thanks
jeff

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jeff may

jeff may
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

THANKS FOR THE QUICK NO RESPONSE, I THOUGHT THIS WAS A HELPFUL WEBSITE. UNFORTUNATELY, MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EMACHINES CUSTOMER SERVICE BEAT YOU TO IT, A FIRST FOR ME. PLEASE SEND MY CONDOLENCES TO YOUR REPUTATION.
JEFF

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,378 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hi Jeff and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

I personally can understand your frustrations and your feelings that Bleepingcomputer and its staff or members have failed to help you in your time of need.

But that failure should not be reflected toward the Bleepingcomputer web site, as it is just a web site.

It could be that your post was over-looked or no one who read it knew of any solution to solve your problem.

It has to be remembered, that the staff at BC are volunteers who are given a staff title by the site Admins based on their helpful advice and experience.

But the staff (with the exception of the MRT team) are just like any other member, we volunteer our time to help other members, that is if we know a possible solution and not just an educated guess.

It is my hope, that you give us a second chance the next time you run into a problem with your computer.

Kind regards.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 20 November 2010 - 03:14 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

I dare say that the problem wasn't insurmountable for our staff as was implied as a possibility. And we are all volunteers here, including the Malware Removal Team who probably spends more time on a single topic than any others of the staff.

The plain and simple truth of the matter is that your topic fell between the cracks. With the volume of topics and posts for those topics, the list grows at a prodigious rate which can result in a topic getting buried, which is what I suspect happened in your case as this forum is very active.

I'm glad that you were able to affect a repair to your computer. Good luck with it in the future.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users