Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor turns of after windows splash screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Joel Kandrach

Joel Kandrach

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

Hello, I'm seeing a strange problem with a Windows XP machine during startup. The monitor displays everything until after the Windows load screen, then goes dark. The computer is still on and continues to load, but nothing is displayed. I have found that if I pull the power cord from the monitor and wait till it's drained of power, then plug it back in, the monitor will display the logon screen normally. This just started yesterday...

Any ideas? Time for a new monitor?

Thanks,
Joel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joel Kandrach

Joel Kandrach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

To add some more information, This occurred directly after I ran chkdsk /F. chkdsk ran then the computer rebooted then darkness...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users