Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Printing Magenta With Canon iP4500

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:22 AM

Hi,

I'm using a Windows 7 PC and I have a Canon iP4500 printer. I'm having trouble with it when priting red. It will print red for a page or two and then stop and red just comes out as yellow after that. If I go through Cleaning, Deep Cleaning and Print Head Alignment I can get it to print red again for the same amount of time before it stops and I have to do those things agian. The magenta cartridge was half full, but I tried replacing it anyway and that made no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

Hi,

I'm using a Windows 7 PC and I have a Canon iP4500 printer. I'm having trouble with it when priting red. It will print red for a page or two and then stop and red just comes out as yellow after that. If I go through Cleaning, Deep Cleaning and Print Head Alignment I can get it to print red again for the same amount of time before it stops and I have to do those things agian. The magenta cartridge was half full, but I tried replacing it anyway and that made no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Joe

If you haven't tried it yet, then try to uninstall and reinstall the device driver for the printer.

Refer to this article to completely remove your printer drivers. HERE

Refer to the manufactures support website to reinstall your drivers (this link will take you to the exact location you need for your printer series)HERE

Please let me know if this has fixed the problem.

Regards
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#3 joebeaven

joebeaven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:02 AM

Thanks, it's working now.

#4 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:20 AM

Thanks, it's working now.

You're welcome, I'm glad to have been of help.

All the best!

#RESOLVED#
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users