Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

On/off Displayed In Folder Options, No More Dimming To Grey Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 badmonkey

badmonkey

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:16 PM

Dear BleepingComputer,

whenever someone is bored could they please explain to me the following:

(for example) In "Folder Options" under View there is now an "ON" or "OFF" displayed next to each entry. Not so in my other admin. account. Any ideas how to turn this off? I would just like to know how this feature was turned on in the first place.

second, when I go to Start->Shut Down I get the usual screen with the pull down options of "restart, shutdown, etc.." Now the surrounding screen isn't being dimmed to gray scale, instead it stays in all of its colors.

I have tried the above two things in my other admin. account, it does not do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
BadMonkey

Windows XP Pro SP2
Both accounts are in full XP mode (i.e. not classic)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 longnh

longnh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

This happens because Magnifier is being opened on your computer. Just close Magnifier and these "ON/OFF" will be gone.

Edited by longnh, 18 September 2011 - 12:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users