Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone help me with my combofix log?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 isilaral

isilaral

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hello,

I had a google redirect virus and I downloaded combofix.
Here is my log. I would be glad if someone could tell me what to do with it.

Best

Edited by Budapest, 18 November 2010 - 05:01 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs as no log was posted ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

Please note the message text in blue at the top of this forum.

No one should be using ComboFix unless specifically instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert who can interpret the logs. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. When issues arise due to complex malware infections, false detections, problems running ComboFix or with other security tools causing conflicts, experts are usually aware of them and can advise what should or should not be done while providing individual assistance. Those attempting to use ComboFix on their own do not have such information and are at risk when running the tool in an unsupervised environment.

With that said, please read the pinned topic ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here.

:step2: ComboFix logs, where should I post them?

ComboFix logs are not permitted outside the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logsl forum and then only when requested by a Malware Response Team member. However, if you ran ComboFix on your own due to malware infection, please be aware that a ComboFix log is only one part of the disinfection process. Therefore we ask that you please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help". When you have done that, post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in that forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts.

Edited by quietman7, 18 November 2010 - 06:18 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,949 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:02 PM

Hello,

I have deleted your logless topic in the log forum.

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users