Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terminal Server Hardware Reccomendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sketch71

Sketch71

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

I am needing to build a new TS for work. The old TS is on its way out and the guy that set this unit up before is long gone. I have never built a TS before, It will be running server 2k8 and I am leaning towards Intel Xenons. It will be supporting roughtly 60-75 clients at a time. Any ideas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey look, buddy, I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like 'what is beauty?', because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trebormuhaha

trebormuhaha

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:39 AM

it i was you i would try and downgrade it to windows 2003 and run office 2003 save a massive amount on cals

For that many clients i wouldn't use just one server i would use 1 server per 10/20 clients depending on the services they require you maybe be able to get away with a higher ratio. 1 box for data and 1 box for data bases

If you list the services required i could help you some more but 10 users can smash a few gigs of ram pretty quick

Edited by trebormuhaha, 24 November 2010 - 05:40 AM.

Best things since sliced bread

Download UBCD here
UBCD

Trend Micro House Call make sure those nasty little buggers are gone
Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users