Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird problems and blue screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 romero88

romero88

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

I use my computer occasionally, and I usually keep it in sleep mode. Well today when I tried to wake it up from safe mode it restarted which I thought was odd. Then it kept restarting and restarting, I had this problem before so I tried to fix it with the recovery console. It got to like 75% with the chkdsk command and then dropped to 50 and then there was a weird error. It was something about memory I think and said to use the manufacturer diagnostic check for the memory or disk. There is no diagnostic check that I could find on the compaq menu, it is a pentium 4 comp from 2004 or so and I got everything preinstalled so I dont have a windows disc. I also got this blue screen:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK/F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

after I ran the chkdsk and restarted. there was an error code but it was all zeros practically so I didnt bother writing it down. It is also weird that every time I start the computer it has to get settings for the dvd drive, like it cant read the discs at first, until I click f1 to save the settings and then I can run recovery console or whatever after a couple of tries. Also weird that windows seems to have disappeared, I cant pick it in a recovery console (like usually you type "1" and do the password if you have one) when i try bootcfg /scan or /add or /default it says there is nothing. I tried to use ERD commander to go back to a restore point but I cant even pick a windows installation in there either. and in ERD commander I cant even find a hard disk drive and it was just at 0. There was only the dvd drive and floppy I think. What can I do?

Edited by romero88, 18 November 2010 - 08:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users