Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Mesage and Problem Staying Online

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Luvkitty

Luvkitty

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:19 AM

Hello,

I'm using IE, and my computer switches to images either when I'm trying to get to a website and occasionally once I'm already on the site. The last day and a half it's been almost impossible to get to and stay on a website. Then a few minutes ago, while using Firefox, I was on YouTube when I had another problem pop up. YouTube was the only thing open, no other webpages, and I wasn't downloading or running anything else that I know of, and I had just finished updating my virus protection and scanning for viruses and spyware. I've attached the pic of the message I got (The site here has changed since i was last here so I hope I'm doing this all the correct way.)

There's one other thing I want to mention, but I'm not sure if it's connected. Until recently, I typically didn't have the volume on for my speakers. I'm now hearing a strange noise every once and awhile, and I don't know if this was happening before or not since the volume was off. The noise almost sounds like the power went off and then back on really super fast....like a clicking noise. It's hard to describe, but when it's happened, I haven't noticed anything happening. All the green lights on my modem are on so I don't know what's going on.

I'm trying to think if there is anything else that might be connected that I should let you know...... Well, that's all I can think of right now. I'm heading to bed, but I will check back in a few hours to see if anyone has any ideas on what's going on. Oh, wait!! I forgot to mention that when I got the message on my computer, there was an option to have Windows scan for the problem and fix it. I clicked Okay, and that's when I got the message that I posted above.

Thanks in advance for your brilliance!!! :thumbsup:
Michele

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 18 November 2010 - 01:05 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users