Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Check Disk won't run

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boy indian

boy indian

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

hi everybody I'm trying to run check disk from my laptop but when I restart it and boot up it stay black for a while and sometimes I just pull the battery... :(..It is new and using a windows 7 Home premium hope you guys help me again thank you so much in advance..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

Open an elevated Command Prompt and run the SFC utility and see if it finds and repairs any system files.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

#3 boy indian

boy indian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:28 AM

hi! just run it an all is ok now I run again the check disk and walla black screen again :( just pull out the battery several times now and I'm thinking I will end up for another trouble....wait I just scan it again and it says Windows resource protection: impossible to restore some of the damaged files found...........today I just re-format my wife's laptop thank's anyways... :( :(

Edited by boy indian, 19 November 2010 - 07:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users