Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirets virus and also pops up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ajguitars

ajguitars

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:40 AM

Hey there, Hope your all have a great day.

SO it looks like i have one of the classic problems runing around my pc! The good news is i found here.

What i have done already is followed post#2 on this topic http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic359712.html

So i have all the reports asked for there. Also have been runing Malware bytes and AVG which has been picking up virus in the system32 folder (like explore.exe / winlogon.exe) and so I have malware bytes reports too.

thanks for all the help your going to give me

AJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

Good evening. :)

Without basic information such as the *operating system you are using, you will find that it will be more difficult to obtain help here - not everyone is conversant with every Windows version with regard to malware removal, so they will be unlikely to offer help until they are sure that they can do so (Personally I only work XP logs).

I suggest that you read and work through steps 6, 7 and 8 here and then start a new thread and post a brief description of your problem, the DDS, Attach and GMER logs from the above link and the MBAM log that details any detections and somebody will be along as soon as.

Please stop AVG from touching either explorer.exe or winlogon.exe if it prompts you for permission to do anything. These are possibly infected system files and incorrectly handling them could do terrible things to your operating system.

* The DDS log will include your operating system, so you don't need to state it.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users