Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unknown cscript randomly launches during restart of pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sbochman

sbochman

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:45 AM

Lately when restarting my pc I get a console window with cscript in title of the console window after entering in my login credentials. I am running Windows XP sp3. It does not happen everytime but I would say that it is more than 50% of the time. The console window eventually goes away but start up is delayed because of it. I am not sure what this console window is doing or how it gets started. I also received (after restart and login) a warning stating that my battery is going bad and that I should get a new one. It had a link in the window. I believe these items are related. I just killed the window suspecting that this was some kind of mahlware. I ran Superantispyware free Edition and Malwarebytes. Superantispyware did find some entries which were quarantined but the cscript console window continues to pop up on restart. Can I get some assistance on cleaning up my pc? Am I posting to the correct Forum?

Thanks for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sbochman

sbochman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

Do I have this question in the wrong Forum? I am looking for some guidance.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users