Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i get an avi movie file burned on a regular 700mb cd-r, play on my home dvd player?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kingjoser

kingjoser

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

Ive downloaded a few avi movie files. i want to know how i can burn them onto a cd-r and have them play on my home dvd player. what steps and free programs do i need to take and download for my home dvd player to play cd-r burned movies? i have a program to split them in half, thats as far as i am right now. I do NOT have a dvd burner. any help. Please. ive been trying to figure it out all day.

Edited by hamluis, 18 November 2010 - 09:03 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Audio & Video ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

look up your dvd player at videohelp.com and that will show what you can play in it. if it is divx you can usually burn the divx onto cdr and it plays fine. if your player is old you may need to convert to divx v.3 but there are a lot of tools for this. I use fourcc but there is one from divx.com too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users