Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Request for help for a noobie.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 szpek64

szpek64

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

Ok friends. I've been dealing with a couple different unknown problems recently. I'm going to do my best to make them as clear as possible. I've been unable to use any programs on my computer while its not in safe mode. The problem first started I'd get a black screen and an error box that said: (x86)/nos/bin/getplus_helper_3004.dll has failed to load, or cannot be found something to that effect. I've gotten rid of that box by re installing the adobe downloader.

Now I'm still having trouble with my computer. Running Windows 7. I've learned about the event viewer and am seeing the same errors over and over. Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

and

The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Are these common errors? Is there an easy fix?

Please let me know if there is other helpful information that I can post that will help you all figure out the problem.

Thanks in advance
-Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

Generally speaking, if your computer is running fine, there is no reason to dig through Event Viewer.
Are you having any computer issues?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 szpek64

szpek64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:33 AM

yes, I am having computer issues. My computer starts up fine, but once i try to run firefox, or word, or pretty much any sort of application it runs extrememly slow and i end up getting a BSOD. Tomorrow I'll run it into a BSOD and report back here with the numbers and such.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users