Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External Networked HDD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

So I have reached a point in my life where I have decided I have too many electronics (imagine that :P). I am about to start college and will be out and around a lot and my laptop will be my main computer. However I am still a gamer and I love my xbox and everything about my xbox, especially the network streaming from my gaming rig. Unfortunately that gaming rig is on the list of items that are going to be sold... So I was wondering if their was some sort of maybe... I dunno? Not sure. Maybe a networkable HDD can do this? I unno.

I want this cool 'device' to be able to do 3 things:

A. Stream my media to the xbox wirelessly

B. Provide a large amount or storage. (1 - 2TB should be sufficient)

C. Be recognized as a storage device on the network so I can use my Mac's "Time Machine" function

And if it is possible to have this cool device available to remote connection, and have the ability to download large files for hours at a time. Does such amazing device exist?

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 17 November 2010 - 07:38 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users