Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shadowkat1991

shadowkat1991

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hello I am having a problem with my Toshiba Satellite A215-S5837. I open Google and will type in a topic (any will do this) and I am redirected to a ad site. Ive done many scans including a boot scan with avast and malwarebytes. This also might be related to why my hosting server says it has crashed. also when it crashes all my windows look like a windows 98 style window.

I believe it happened when I took a survey to get some points on a rewards website. I know it was stupid but I was impatient and now I've got a virus. don't make my mistake kids. My Father and I have looked into it and he ops for a wipe of the hard drive. I was okay with this but I got this laptop used and with no vista install discs and no recovery discs. this virus also is only active while I'm online.

Ive also done some digging around and I'ts a uneducated guess but I think it may be a rootkit. I already removed all temporary internet files and so on so I am left without any idea as to why its not gone.

Thanks for any help you can give me and I hope no one else will make my mistakes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users