Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAM: EULA Help. (legal question)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NicciAdonai

NicciAdonai

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

I own a small LLC (currently VERY small), and would dearly like to legally use MBAM.

The very beginning of the MBAM license agreement states:

Subject to the restrictions below, you may use the Malwarebytes' Software for any legitimate purpose.

In return, we simply require that you agree:

1. Not to use this software for commercial use without proper licensing.

Their site has a purchase option for home use, but the "Corporate Licensing" option, which does not sound like what I am looking for anyway, leads to a contact form. I have filled and submitted one but never received a response. It is tempting to take this as a sign that they consider me a small fry and do not care whether I use MBAM or not.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Did you fill out the form in its entirety?

...Completed forms that include name, phone number, e-mail, company and number of licenses, are prioritized.

Malwarebytes Corporate Inquiries

If you do not hear back after a reasonable length of time, then check with the Malwarebytes Support Team, ask in the Support Forums or E-mail the Malwarebytes Support Help Desk for individual assistance.

Edited by quietman7, 17 November 2010 - 05:40 PM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users