1. Fully functional television remote
2. Remote control power on TV when PC is in "Stand By" or off
3. Mouse capabilities on the remote
4. 1" x 2" mini tv window option on the remote
5. TV auto on and alarm even if the PC is in "Stand By" or off
6. Auto-off feature which works from the remote
7. Remote based mouse cursor zoom feature
8. Program feature for recording even if PC is in "Stand By" or off
What it comes down to is that I would like a PC TV which functions with essentially the same ease as a PC or a television. If I pick up the remote to watch television, all I have to do is click TV and then on, and the rest happens automatically.
Right now, I have a 3" x 3" digital cable box hooked up to the AverMedia tuner I have which is connected via USB to the PC. The standard cable company remote works fine for changing channels, but I can't turn off the TV from a distance with the remote, and the volume control does not function. Actually, if I only had those two features it would be enough. I realize that powering on a PC to turn on the TV is kind of extreme, but I keep my PCs on "Stand By", and I really need the feature for the television to be practical.
Has anyone seen anything like this type of set up? I don't think there is one, but, if there is I would really like to get my hands on one...
Edited by hamluis, 17 November 2010 - 05:50 PM.
Moved from Internal hardware to External Hardware ~ Hamluis.