Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Dies Off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Snyder

Snyder

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

No idea why this happens as I have hibernation and sleep off, but if my computer goes unattended for 6+ hours, it will lock up. I'll come back to it and the monitor will appear to be "off", although on. I'll move the mouse, nothing. It's like it's asleep and won't wake up, but I have all sleep and hibernation modes disabled. My only solution is to do a hard boot. How can I prevent this and what is it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Check for over heating, also make sure that your computer is dusted out with a can of air.

Edited by cryptodan, 18 November 2010 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users