Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost internet connection after setup windows firewall per your instruction

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jqdd

jqdd

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

My computer is infected. So I follows the instruction "Preparation Guide..." to setup Windows firewall (my computer has a little bit difference compare to your guide). After setup, now I can not connect to internet. Firefox says "The proxy server is refusing connections...". Internet Explorer says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Diagnose Connection Problem". So I tried Diagnose Connection Problem, it shows me "Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP. This is probably caused by firewall setting on this computer. Check the firewall settings for the HTTP port (80), HTTPS port (443) AND ftp PORT (21).
After that, I went back to windows firewall setting again and I select "Restore Defaults" in Default Settings. My computer still can not connect to internet.
Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users