Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scrolling apps at the bottom of iPhone 3gs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CheeseSteak

CheeseSteak

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

This is a tricky one. I have the iPhone 3gs and every now and then when I am in an app (doesn't matter which one it is) I somehow get this scrolling option at the bottom of the phone that shows all my apps in one long line. I think its used for quick switching between apps? I have no idea how to get it to come up and I can't find anything online telling me how to get it. Its pretty cool though. My friend has experienced the same thing and he has no idea how he gets it either. Anyone have any ideas????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rachel_01

Rachel_01

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hi CheeseSteak,

You can bring this up (all app icons scrolling on the bottom of the screen) by hitting the home button twice, quickly.

Cheers,
Rachel

edit:
If you have your phone password protected, and press the home key twice quickly prior to entering your password, it will launch the i-pod to enable playing music without unlocking.

hold the home key extended and it will launch the voice control app.

Edited by Rachel_01, 18 November 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#3 CheeseSteak

CheeseSteak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

Wow thanks so much!!! Do you have any other neat tricks you can teach me? I love this phone!!

#4 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

If it gets wet and wont turn on, do not attempt to keep turning it on. Place in a bag of rice for a few days(2-3), then try again.
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#5 Rachel_01

Rachel_01

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

If it ever locks up on you -- i.e. the screen freezes (not a password lock out) hold the home and power button at the same time untill it re-boots. - it takes maybe 15 seconds of holding. (I've needed to do this twice in 1 year.)

Also, you should turn it all the way off (then back on again) at least once a day. - It likes a reboot ;-)

-Rachel

Edited by Rachel_01, 19 November 2010 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users