Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen - AKA (Blue Screen of Death) !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 h e l p

h e l p

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

Hi everyone!

I just have a problem and it's been continuing ever since I bought my new PC (Windows 7 Home premium), I do not understand why my computer is randomlly shutting down and coming up with the blue screen.....

I just went to event viewer and I'll paste what ever is required for now...

Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code.

The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff800035613ed, 0xfffff8800b5c2060, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 111710-16036-01.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

That's all I can give you for now, the last one is critical as above that they are just errors that happened in the same similar time

Thanks a lot, and please reply a.s.a.p, thanks again!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

If you have installation CD, try system restore
So, boot the cd, then go to the repair system...
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5526/59071110.jpg

Hope this will help

Edited by max7bg, 17 November 2010 - 06:21 AM.

#3 micksim

micksim

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

...it's been continuing ever since I bought my new PC...

Since the very first time you turned your computer on, did it start doing this? If so then use a system restore point previous to the date of purchase.

Or did this started happening not long after you bought the machine, but just after the use of a system optimizer or a registry cleaning product, or installed any other application? Pin-pointing when this started could be a great advantage to find the best approach to troubleshoot this, and also save us time.

Are there any USB devices attached to the machine such as printer or memory stick?

Can you actually boot to GUI and work through the OS before it shuts down, or are you incapable of doing so?

Do try the system restore. Also a good idea to see if CHKDSK and SFC /SCANNOW can be of any help here.

Let me know about these details, and how you got on with what you've attempted so far.

Remember to Backup :wink:
| A+ | Net+ | MCDST | MCITP |

"...if ever I have made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention than any other talent..." (1642-1727, Isaac Newton)

#4 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

Here is more information on the bug-check: http://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/SYSTEM-SERVICE-EXCEPTION-0x0000003B-*1074.html
This free utility can be very useful finding the faulting modules that likely caused the BSOD:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:01 PM

If this is a new system, why haven't you returned it or exchanged it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users