Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Keeps Rebooting After Manual Removal Of Infections - Sywsvcs.exe

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 solitary

solitary

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:14 AM

Hi, I'm a total newbie and this is my first post here, so please bear with me if I sound stupid or not clear.

My problem is a long story. I have 2 xp of different languages on my desktop and have been using only one of them (Chinese) all the time. Yesterday I was updating and installing softwares for my other xp (English) which I haven't touched for a long time, and found myself infected and hijacked by SpySheriff. I booted back into my clean Chinese xp and I searched and found the instructions on your forum which is extremely helpful. I followed your instructions and took out SpySheriff. So far so good.

But then I found myself still infected with something I don't know which sent out hundreds of emails to people I don't know. The emails were scanned and sometimes blocked by my Norton AntiVirus (with yesterday's virus definitions) and soon my desktop were full of hundreds of message boxes from NAV. The only way was to stop it and regain control was to unplug my router and close the internet connection.

So I booted into safe mode of my infected xp, run both NAV and ewido, and booted back into normal mode but found the problem was not corrected. I run subsequently several times NAV and ewido both in safe and normal mode until NAV and ewido found nothing, with the exception of a few Look2me files that ewido couldn't delete. Then I run Hijackthis, booted into my clean Chinese xp and manually deleted those files I believed to be the source of the problem under the system32 folder of my infected xp (based on the results of ewido and the date of installation of those files), as follows:

sywsvcs.exe
hr0q05d5e.dll
wy2_32.dll

m4820el0ehqc0.dll
dzxgSm.dll
msssc.dll

Now when I try boot into my infected xp, it will just reboot before even the welcome screen. I can boot into safe mode. I tried disabling all the ini and startup services etc with msconfig in safe mode but that was no use.

What should I do?????? I'll greatly appreciate your help!

Herebelow is the Hijackthis log.
http://www.hijackthis.de/logfiles/6412a4de...a5a501e2ee.html

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:53:11 PM, on 11/27/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
C:\Q2\Fahid.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe
C:\Program Files\GetRight\getright.exe
C:\Program Files\GetRight\getright.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpoevm07.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOSTS07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOFXM07.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sywsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\fgiebar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Smapp] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Ghost 9.0] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FAhid] C:\Q2\Fahid.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [aupd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\sywsvcs.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe
O4 - Global Startup: GetRight - Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\GetRight\getright.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Syncmgr - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hr0q05d5e.dll
O21 - SSODL: SysTray.Exiv - {2963ECFC-4E5C-2f3b-B334-D67434FC72E0} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TGVvbmFyZCBUQU5H\command.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: GEARSecurity - GEAR Software - C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

Many thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:58 PM

Download this program:

submit files packer

Highlight the files listed below in bold and right-click and selecting copy.

Then start the file packer program and right click in the white box and select paste to paste the copied file names in the field.

Then press the Continue button.

I will create an archive with these files and a small log on your Desktop that starts with a name like requested-file[date].cab.

Rename this file to yourmembername.cab (for example grinler.cab).

Then go to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php
and fill in the required fields and browse to this file on your desktop. Finally click on the Send File button.

#3 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 01:42 AM

Thanks for your response.

Maybe I was not clear. The mentioned file is just not there anymore because I manually deleted it, and other suspected files, from my C:\windows\system32\. It is precisely after doing so that I can no longer boot into normal mode.

Maybe I deleted files that I shouldn't. The files I deleted as far as I can remember are:
sywsvcs.exe (I think ewido sad it is a problem)
hr0q05d5e.dll (same)
wy2_32.dll (same)
m4820el0ehqc0.dll (not sure, but I deleted it anyway)
dzxgSm.dll (not sure but I deleted it)
msssc.dll (surely a mistake)

What else can I do?

#4 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:31 AM

Sorry that the HJT log file I posted above was the one right before I deleted the problem files.

I just booted into safe mode and run HJT. Here's the log file:

Scan saved at 10:50:01 PM, on 11/28/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe

O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\fgiebar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with GetRight - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRdownload.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: ThemeManager - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hr0q05d5e.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: SysTray.Exiv - {2963ECFC-4E5C-2f3b-B334-D67434FC72E0} - (no file)

#5 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

I deleted the last line in the HJT log and am now able to boot into xp normal mode, but only in the Diagnostic mode. I tried enabling the normal boot in msconfig but the problem came back again. It seems it is the startup files shown under msconfig that are causing the problem but I don't know how to disable them and I'm too tired to try anything now.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:28 PM

Need to fix this as well.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: ThemeManager - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hr0q05d5e.dll (file missing)

I see that you are running msconfig in /auto mode which means that you may have selectively removed some items in the past from the startup procedure. This can be bad if they are malware, so we would like you to reenable those startup entries by doing the following:

Please click on start, then run, and type msconfig and then press enter. When the window opens click on the startup tab and make sure there are checkmarks in every entry. Then press ok until you are out of the program. If it asks to reboot, do not reboot.

Now please create a new Hijackthis Log and post it as a reply.

#7 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:04 AM

Hi,

Per your instruction, below is the HJT log. Thanks.

Scan saved at 9:41:28 PM, on 11/29/2005

Running processes:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Ghost 9.0] C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe
O4 - Global Startup: GetRight - Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\GetRight\getright.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Ghost - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:17 AM

Download this program:

submit files packer

Highlight the files listed below in bold and right-click and selecting copy.

Then start the file packer program and right click in the white box and select paste to paste the copied file names in the field.

Then press the Continue button.

I will create an archive with these files and a small log on your Desktop that starts with a name like requested-file[date].cab.

Rename this file to yourmembername.cab (for example grinler.cab).

Then go to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/submit-malware.php
and fill in the required fields and browse to this file on your desktop. Finally click on the Send File button.

#9 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:43 AM

Please check.

#10 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:28 PM

I received your files and thanks for the info on Fahid. Do you know if its always installed into that same folder like that and does it need to be running? I want to add it my startup database.

Fix this entry in hijackthis:

Reboot three times.

Then do this:

Download http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/winpfind.php

Extract WinPFind.zip to your c:\ folder.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode

Then open c:\WinPFind and double-click on WinPFind.exe. When the program is open, click on the Start Scan button to scart scanning your computer. Be patient as this scan may take a while. When it is done, it will show a log and tell you the scan is completed. Reboot your computer back to normal mode and and post the contents of c:\WinPFind\WinPFind.txt as a reply to this topic.

#11 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:35 AM

Fahid is always installed into that same folder by default. It is installed by the software for my writing pad for Chinese and Japanese. I tried disabling it by msconfig and everything ran just fine including my writing pad, except that my Screen Saver Control program (in my startup folder) did not show up in the xp taskbar anymore, but it was shown by Task Manager to be still running. I closed it down through Task Manager and relaunch it, and it ran just fine again. So I guess this is just a very minor problem. Apart from this, I noticed no other problem when Fahid is disabled.

I followed your instructions, but somehow I could not boot into normal mode anymore. It took me multiple times of rebooting for no reasons to get into safe mode. The HJT line on sywsvcs.exe was not there because I was only able to boot into Diagnostic mode with startup files disabled. Anyhow I ran the WinPFind in safemode and here below is the txt file.

WARNING: not all files found by this scanner are bad. Consult with a knowledgable person before proceeding.

If you see a message in the titlebar saying "Not responding..." you can ignore it. Windows somethimes displays this message due to the high volume of disk I/O. As long as the hard disk light is flashing, the program is still working properly.

遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙?Windows OS and Versions 遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙?
Product Name: Microsoft Windows XP Current Build: Service Pack 2 Current Build Number: 2600
Internet Explorer Version: 6.0.2900.2180

遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙?Checking Selected Standard Folders 遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙

Checking %SystemDrive% folder...

Checking %ProgramFilesDir% folder...

Checking %WinDir% folder...
UPX! 8/22/2004 5:04:56 PM 69120 C:\WINDOWS\daemon.dll

Checking %System% folder...
PECompact2 11/10/2005 9:17:18 PM 2368864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MRT.exe
aspack 11/10/2005 9:17:18 PM 2368864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MRT.exe
PEC2 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 41397 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dfrg.msc
aspack 8/4/2004 3:56:36 PM 708096 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
winsync 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 1309184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wbdbase.deu
UPX! 7/23/2001 2:29:32 PM 552960 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\saxzip.ocx
Umonitor 8/4/2004 3:56:44 PM 657920 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\rasdlg.dll
PEC2 11/26/2005 7:20:26 PM 22016 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\beiakfjm.exe

Checking %System%\Drivers folder and sub-folders...
PTech 8/4/2004 1:41:38 PM 1309184 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\mtlstrm.sys

Items found in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\etc\hosts
127.0.0.1 www.qoologic.com
127.0.0.1 www.urllogic.com

Checking the Windows folder and sub-folders for system and hidden files within the last 60 days...
12/1/2005 10:04:40 PM S 2048 C:\WINDOWS\bootstat.dat
12/1/2005 9:55:04 PM H 897024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\system.LOG
12/1/2005 9:55:04 PM H 73728 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\software.LOG
12/1/2005 9:55:04 PM H 8192 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\default.LOG
12/1/2005 10:05:22 PM H 1024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SAM.LOG
12/1/2005 10:04:42 PM H 12288 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\SECURITY.LOG
11/22/2005 11:47:34 PM H 1024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\config\systemprofile\ntuser.dat.LOG
10/5/2005 9:17:40 AM S 21737 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB896688.cat
10/5/2005 8:33:38 PM S 12849 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\KB896424.cat
11/27/2005 5:04:26 PM H 6 C:\WINDOWS\TASKS\SA.DAT
11/26/2005 7:39:48 PM HS 67 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\desktop.ini
11/26/2005 11:38:10 PM HS 67 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\67QHGR2N\desktop.ini
11/26/2005 11:38:10 PM HS 67 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4T4FUNU5\desktop.ini
11/26/2005 11:38:10 PM HS 67 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RUMQQMD2\desktop.ini
11/26/2005 11:38:10 PM HS 67 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0JERYH07\desktop.ini
11/26/2005 7:39:48 PM HS 113 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\History\History.IE5\desktop.ini
11/26/2005 3:26:18 PM RHS 227 C:\WINDOWS\assembly\Desktop.ini
11/23/2005 12:45:12 AM RHS 305145 C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\PackageStore\package_7.cab
11/23/2005 12:46:52 AM RHS 68327 C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\PackageStore\package_8.cab

Checking for CPL files...
Microsoft Corporation 5/26/2005 4:16:30 AM 174360 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wuaucpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 358400 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\inetcpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 187904 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\main.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 618496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\mmsys.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 35840 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ncpa.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 36864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nwc.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 28160 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\telephon.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 94208 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\timedate.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 549888 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\appwiz.cpl
9/28/2004 10:00:00 AM 6151 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\txp4.cpl
Ahead Software AG 12/23/2003 3:40:52 PM 57344 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ImageDrive.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 135168 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\desk.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 257024 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nusrmgr.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 298496 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\sysdm.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\joy.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 155136 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hdwwiz.cpl
Apple Computer, Inc. 9/23/2004 6:57:40 PM 323072 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QuickTime.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 114688 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\powercfg.cpl
Intel Corporation 2/10/2004 10:53:24 AM 94208 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxcpl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 32768 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\odbccp32.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 68608 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\access.cpl
Intel® Corporation 10/23/2002 10:06:36 AM 77824 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\PRApplet.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 129536 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\intl.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 148480 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\wscui.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 25600 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\netsetup.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 380416 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\irprops.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 80384 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\firewall.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/4/2004 3:56:58 PM 110592 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\bthprops.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 36864 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\nwc.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 187904 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\main.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 35840 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\ncpa.cpl
Microsoft Corporation 8/22/2001 9:00:00 PM 28160 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dllcache\telephon.cpl
Intel Corporation 2/10/2004 10:53:24 AM 94208 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ReinstallBackups\0007\DriverFiles\igfxcpl.cpl

遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙?Checking Selected Startup Folders 遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙?

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Startup folder...
12/30/2002 6:48:52 PM HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

Checking files in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
12/30/2002 6:43:12 PM HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\desktop.ini

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Startup folder...
12/30/2002 6:48:52 PM HS 84 C:\Documents and Settings\Leonard TANG\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini

Checking files in %USERPROFILE%\Application Data folder...
12/30/2002 6:43:12 PM HS 62 C:\Documents and Settings\Leonard TANG\Application Data\desktop.ini

遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙?Checking Selected Registry Keys 遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform]
=

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Adobe.Acrobat.ContextMenu
{D25B2CAB-8A9A-4517-A9B2-CB5F68A5A802} = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat Elements\ContextMenu.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ewido
{57BD36D7-CE32-4600-9B1C-1A0C47EFC02E} = C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\context.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With
{09799AFB-AD67-11d1-ABCD-00C04FC30936} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Open With EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2} = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WinRAR
=
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WinZip
{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000} = C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}
Start Menu Pin = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Symantec.Norton.Antivirus.IEContextMenu
{5345A4D5-41EB-4A2F-9616-CE1D4F6C35B2} = C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WinRAR
=
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WinZip

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\EncryptionMenu
{A470F8CF-A1E8-4f65-8335-227475AA5C46} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ewido
{57BD36D7-CE32-4600-9B1C-1A0C47EFC02E} = C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\context.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Offline Files
{750fdf0e-2a26-11d1-a3ea-080036587f03} = %SystemRoot%\System32\cscui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Sharing
{f81e9010-6ea4-11ce-a7ff-00aa003ca9f6} = ntshrui.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WinRAR
=
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\WinZip

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{0D2E74C4-3C34-11d2-A27E-00C04FC30871}
= %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F01-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{24F14F02-7B1C-11d1-838f-0000F80461CF}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ColumnHandlers\{66742402-F9B9-11D1-A202-0000F81FEDEE}

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8}
bho2gr Class = C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{182EC0BE-5110-49C8-A062-BEB1D02A220B}
Adobe PDF = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{4D5C8C25-D075-11d0-B416-00C04FB90376}
&Tip of the Day = %SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ToolBar]
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
{47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} = Adobe PDF : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
{E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} = FlashGet Bar : C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\fgiebar.dll
{2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} = &Google : c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3}
ButtonText = FlashGet : C:\PROGRA~1\FLASHGET\flashget.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683}
ButtonText = Messenger : C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478}
=
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{EFA24E64-B078-11D0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}
Explorer Band = %SystemRoot%\System32\shdocvw.dll

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\ShellBrowser
{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383} = &Address : %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} = Norton AntiVirus : C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\WebBrowser
{01E04581-4EEE-11D0-BFE9-00AA005B4383} = &Address : %SystemRoot%\System32\browseui.dll
{0E5CBF21-D15F-11D0-8301-00AA005B4383} = &Links : %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
{2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} = &Google : c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
MSConfig C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]
IMAIL Installed = 1
MAPI Installed = 1
MSFS Installed = 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\load]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\run]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\ExpandFrom

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\ExpandTo

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\services
xmlprov 3
WZCSVC 2
wuauserv 2
wscsvc 2
WmiApSrv 3
Wmi 3
WmdmPmSN 3
winmgmt 2
WebClient 2
W32Time 2
VSS 3
UPS 3
upnphost 3
TrkWks 2
Themes 2
TermService 3
TapiSrv 3
SysmonLog 3
Symantec Core LC 2
SwPrv 3
stisvc 2
SSDPSRV 3
srservice 2
Spooler 2
Speed Disk service 2
SPBBCSvc 2
SoundMAX Agent Service (default) 2
SNDSrvc 2
ShellHWDetection 2
SharedAccess 2
SENS 2
seclogon 2
Schedule 2
SCardSvr 3
SBService 2
SAVScan 3
SamSs 2
RSVP 3
RemoteRegistry 2
RDSessMgr 3
RasMan 3
RasAuto 3
ProtectedStorage 2
PolicyAgent 2
PlugPlay 2
NtmsSvc 3
NProtectService 2
NPFMntor 2
Norton Ghost 2
Nla 3
NetSvc 3
Netman 3
navapsvc 2
MSIServer 3
MSDTC 3
mnmsrvc 3
LmHosts 2
imonNT 2
ImapiService 3
HTTPFilter 3
HidServ 2
helpsvc 2
GEARSecurity 2
FastUserSwitchingCompatibility 3
ewido security suite guard 2
ewido security suite control 2
EventSystem 3
Eventlog 2
ERSvc 2
Dnscache 2
dmserver 2
dmadmin 3
Dhcp 2
CryptSvc 3
COMSysApp 3
CiSvc 3
ccSetMgr 2
ccPwdSvc 3
ccEvtMgr 2
BITS 3
AudioSrv 2
aspnet_state 3
AppMgmt 3
ALG 3
Adobe LM Service 3

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^GetRight - Tray Icon.lnk
path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\GetRight - Tray Icon.lnk
backup C:\WINDOWS\pss\GetRight - Tray Icon.lnkCommon Startup
location Common Startup
command C:\PROGRA~1\GetRight\getright.exe
item GetRight - Tray Icon
path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\GetRight - Tray Icon.lnk
backup C:\WINDOWS\pss\GetRight - Tray Icon.lnkCommon Startup
location Common Startup
command C:\PROGRA~1\GetRight\getright.exe
item GetRight - Tray Icon

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupfolder\C:^Documents and Settings^All Users^Start Menu^Programs^Startup^HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk
path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk
backup C:\WINDOWS\pss\HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnkCommon Startup
location Common Startup
command C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\HPOFFI~1\Bin\hpoant07.exe -DeviceID 1132990432
item HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1
path C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnk
backup C:\WINDOWS\pss\HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1.lnkCommon Startup
location Common Startup
command C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\HPOFFI~1\Bin\hpoant07.exe -DeviceID 1132990432
item HPAiODevice(hp officejet v series) - 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
item
hkey HKLM
command
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\aupd
item sywsvcs
hkey HKCU
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\sywsvcs.exe
inimapping 0
item sywsvcs
hkey HKCU
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\sywsvcs.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\ccApp
item ccApp
hkey HKLM
command "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
inimapping 0
item ccApp
hkey HKLM
command "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\ctfmon.exe
item ctfmon
hkey HKCU
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
inimapping 0
item ctfmon
hkey HKCU
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\FAhid
item Fahid
hkey HKLM
command C:\Q2\Fahid.exe
inimapping 0
item Fahid
hkey HKLM
command C:\Q2\Fahid.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\HotKeysCmds
item hkcmd
hkey HKLM
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
inimapping 0
item hkcmd
hkey HKLM
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\IgfxTray
item igfxtray
hkey HKLM
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
inimapping 0
item igfxtray
hkey HKLM
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\IMONTRAY
item imontray
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
inimapping 0
item imontray
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\MoneyAgent
item mnyexpr
hkey HKCU
command "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
inimapping 0
item mnyexpr
hkey HKCU
command "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\MSMSGS
item msmsgs
hkey HKCU
command "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
inimapping 0
item msmsgs
hkey HKCU
command "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\NeroFilterCheck
item NeroCheck
hkey HKLM
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
inimapping 0
item NeroCheck
hkey HKLM
command C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\Norton Ghost 9.0
item GhostTray
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
inimapping 0
item GhostTray
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\Smapp
item Smtray
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
inimapping 0
item Smtray
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\SystemTray
item SysTray
hkey HKLM
command SysTray.Exe
inimapping 0
item SysTray
hkey HKLM
command SysTray.Exe
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\TkBellExe
item evntsvc
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
inimapping 0
item evntsvc
hkey HKLM
command C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
inimapping 0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\state
system.ini 1
win.ini 1
bootini 0
services 1
startup 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun 32
ClearRecentDocsOnExit 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\Run

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Network

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\NonEnum
{BDEADF00-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F} = C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\WEBFOL~1\MSONSEXT.DLL
{6DFD7C5C-2451-11d3-A299-00C04F8EF6AF} =
{0DF44EAA-FF21-4412-828E-260A8728E7F1} =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Ratings

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system
dontdisplaylastusername 0
legalnoticecaption
legalnoticetext
shutdownwithoutlogon 1
undockwithoutlogon 1

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies]

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\ActiveDesktop
NoChangingWallpaper 0
NoComponents 0
NoAddingComponents 0
NoDeletingComponents 0
NoEditingComponents 0
NoHTMLWallPaper 0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer
NoDriveTypeAutoRun 145
ClearRecentDocsOnExit 0
NoActiveDesktop 0
ClassicShell 0

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad]
PostBootReminder {7849596a-48ea-486e-8937-a2a3009f31a9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn {fbeb8a05-beee-4442-804e-409d6c4515e9} = %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} = %SystemRoot%\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray {35CEC8A3-2BE6-11D2-8773-92E220524153} = C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,
Shell = Explorer.exe
System =

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\crypt32chain
= crypt32.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cryptnet
= cryptnet.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\cscdll
= cscdll.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui
= igfxsrvc.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\ScCertProp
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Schedule
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\sclgntfy
= sclgntfy.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\SensLogn
= WlNotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\termsrv
= wlnotify.dll

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\wlballoon
= wlnotify.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Your Image File Name Here without a path
Debugger = ntsd -d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
AppInit_DLLs

遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙 Scan Complete 遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙遙
WinPFind v1.4.1 - Log file written to "WinPFind.Txt" in the WinPFind folder.
Scan completed on 12/1/2005 10:10:42 PM

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:27 PM

This file should definitely be deleted:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\beiakfjm.exe

Then see if you can reboot back into normal mode and post a new hjt log

#13 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:38 AM

Done. Finally able to boot into normal mode. And also able to fix the entry in hijackthis:

Xp seems to be running normally now. No more outgoing spam mails apparently.

I also noticed a few "doubtful" files under system32 which are of the same day as the beiakfjm.exe
i.e. the day the whole problem started. They are:

atmtd.dll
II.exe
svcp.csv
winsub.xml
zlbw.dll
wpa.dbl
fine.ini
FNTCACHE.DAT

I feel strongly that I should delete them all to play safe, although things seem normal now. What do you think?

Below is the HJT log:

Scan saved at 9:22:42 PM, on 12/2/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\GEARSec.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\PQV2iSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Ghost\Agent\GhostTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\hp officejet v series\Bin\hpoant07.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\AiO\Shared\Bin\hpoevm07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOSTS07.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\AiO\Shared\bin\hpOFXM07.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

#14 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:48 AM

The log looks good. Of those files you listed you can delete all of them except these two:

FNTCACHE.DAT
wpa.dbl

Those are legit.

Delete the files in safe mode and reboot and tell me if you feel all clean. May want to run some online virus scans to double-check for any remnants that we may be unable to see that were left behind.

#15 solitary

solitary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:42 AM

Done. Everything seems to be fine now. Thanks a million.

Just updated my NAV definitions and ran it. Found no problem. Have been using NAV and MS Firewall all the time. This the first time I got infected so badly.

Again thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users