Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WPA2 not configured

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 junga

junga

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

Hello BC, once again I need your assistance.

I have an old Gaming Desktop that cannot connect to my router. I think I need to update the Wireless to support WPA2. I tried downloading the patch here on Microsoft's website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=662bb74d-e7c1-48d6-95ee-1459234f4483&displaylang=en

I get an installation error stating that "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to install this update"

How to I fix this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:15 AM

Can you give us more info, What OS, SP and make and model of wireless device?

#3 junga

junga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:19 PM

It is a D-Link AirPlus DWL-G520 Wireless PCI adapter(rev.B). Driver date is 9/3/2004 and driver version is: 3.3.0.1571
(seems old right?)

I really think its a windows update problem. Usually when i reformat my laptop hardrive, the network won't display specific wi-fi in the area. I think that the Windows xp service pack 2 or 3 that i downloaded didn't download properly?

I have some additional info that MIGHT be related (you decide):

1.I cannot access the D-Link Airplus Software installed in my pc, a popup says, "AirPlusCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

2.Whenever I startup my computer, this popup shows up, "WZCSLDR2.EXE - The procedure entry point apsGetReady could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

The only way I can connect to my internet is to make my wireless router be an unsecured network (nobody wants that).
This old gaming PC cannot detect WPA2 wireless in the area. I think it has something to do with an update. Whats weird is that I did a massive windows update and allowed this old PC to download 32 sets of updates (yes thats a lot i know). Maybe a file wasn't properly updated? Maybe I have to download latest driver on dlink wireless device?

Don't make me go to Best Buy's Geek squad! All they do there is make you look like a fool.

Please help. Last time I check, there were 43 views of this post but only 1 reply. I am willing to hear any ideas that can help me understand this problem and help solve this issue.

Edited by junga, 17 November 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

The forum formatting caused a little hic-up in your post. I`ll make an assumption that your card is a Rev. B
Even though that item has had it`s support dropped as of Feb.01,08 there is an updated driver available for it on the D-Link website. Click on Support Resources > select the proper model. DWL-G520 or DWL-G520_REVB

Edited by ThunderZ, 17 November 2010 - 09:21 PM.

#5 junga

junga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

Alrighty thanks a lot, the wireless devices' driver was out of date.
SOLVED

Edited by junga, 18 November 2010 - 12:32 PM.

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

SOLVED

That`s what we like to hear. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users