Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Found New Hardware" triggers "Services.exe" CPU spike

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 astraltraveler1984

astraltraveler1984

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hi,
It was recommended I start a thread here. When the computer needs to search for new drivers, as soon as it shows "Found New Hardware" this triggers "Services.exe" to use up 100% CPU. My computer was previously infected with the .jnana trojan but since has been cleaned, including the hidden ".jnana" folder. I'm currently using Avira Antivirus. My computer works fine, its only when I try to install new hardware that this happens.

Here are my previous posts:
"I'm experiencing some problems with connecting some of the USB devices all of a sudden. I am using an Emachines T3256. The other day I moved the computer and unplugged everything. When I went to plug in the USB 2.0 hub, as soon as it says "Found New Hardware" the computer slows down, I can't pull up the task manager or load anything else on the computer. When I unplug the device its still slow and I have to just hit the shut down button because I can't even get it to shut down. Shortly before this, I had a trojan and it messed up a lot of stuff on the computer. Apparently it was on the computer for a few months, and I noticed there were files randomly being corrupted all over. Took me about a week to find the source of the trojan and properly delete it. The same day I fixed it was when I moved the computer and this problem started. I did a check disk/repaired errors, registry clean, system file check, etc...

There are no yellow flag signs in the Device Manager for the USB. I unplugged everything and then replugged everything back in. I tried to plug it into every port. Now I'm officially stumped. I can plug the printer, the scanner, the webcam, but the USB 2.0 hub doesn't work. I need a new mouse for this computer so I just bought a new USB mouse. That triggered this problem as well. Then I bought another USB mouse, the same thing happens. I tried the USB mouse from my laptop, and that one works for some reason but the cord is too short for the tower computer.
This problem seems to be triggered by 2 out of 3 USB mice, and the USB 2.0 hub. "

"I uninstalled all the USB drivers including the mouse that was working. When I went to reboot, it got stuck on the "Found new hardware," the computer then slowed down to a halt, like I mentioned in my previous post. It could not reinstall any of the USB drivers, or recognize ANY of the mice, even after several reboots.
I had to get to the system restore via keyboard, took me about an hr (the computer was running extremely slow) but I was finally able to restore it back. At one point during this I managed to open the task manager and it showed "Services.exe" CPU 100% "

Edited by astraltraveler1984, 16 November 2010 - 08:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 astraltraveler1984

astraltraveler1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

Now its giving me problems when I plug in the scanner... Seems like anytime the computer "Found New Hardware" this happens. Is it possible Avira Antivirus messing up how the computer recognizes drivers? I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users