Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Strange Display Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CruyffTurn

CruyffTurn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hi there:

I was messing about with the Bluetooth features on my Acer Aspire 7535 to sync a cell phone up when I accidentally changed my display settings. Suddenly, I found myself in dual-monitor mode, looking at my desktop background without any of my icons or my Start menu. I deduced very quickly that my laptop monitor had been switched to dual monitor mode, as I was able to scroll left off-screen and bring icons over to my side of the screen. The problem, however, has persisted; and though I've used my computer's display switch short-cut, it's been of no use (Fn + F5)--the screen goes blank, and as soon as I move the mouse it goes back to the way it's been. Fixing it has been a pain, since I'm working blind--I can log-in blind, but I can't change my settings back blind. What can I do? Thanks.

I'm using:

Acer Aspire 7535
Windows Vista Home Basic

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CruyffTurn

CruyffTurn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:33 PM

I forgot to add that I do not have an extra monitor on hand, so I cannot simply plug my laptop into another monitor. Should I just go to System Restore and reboot?

#3 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

hello,

are you able to right click on your desktop, and choose personalization> display settings, and change it there?
I have an acer 6930 and a 7736 and don't see the dual display option....hope this helps in some way

if you hit the windows logo key, that will bring up the start menu, mine has an intel graphics control panel listed there, maybe you do too...

good luck
kenny
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users