Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Method 2 Of Removing Smitfraud - Ps Guard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pebble82

pebble82

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 27 November 2005 - 07:55 AM

Hi

I am running through method 2 (as method 1 not available as Ewido does not work for ME edition) but am stuck on parts 10 - 12. I can not paste the Bold file names from the notepad to Killbox using the Paste from Clipboard function.

Have I missed anything or is there a work around available?

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:06 AM

Hello pebble82 and welcome to BC.

Rather than paste from the clipboard you can type those entries in manually. It just takes more time and leaves you open to errors. Can you copy and paste one line at a time?

Edit: After checking with D-Trojanter he advises you can "delete each one without rebooting for each by ticking the standard file kill button, then it will just backup and delete, not reboot for each".

Edited by Leurgy, 28 November 2005 - 12:37 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 pebble82

pebble82
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for your help

Pasted each one individually and used standard file kill but each time told "File does not appear to exist"

Should I just move to next stage or am I in serious trouble?

#4 didom

didom

• Members
  • 1,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:13 AM

Hi pebble82,

To copy the complete list you have to change an option in Killbox (this canned isn't uptodate!)

After step 8 (When the program is open, select the option labeled Delete on reboot.) Do this:
Drop down from the "Options" menu you will see "Delete on Reboot" >> select "Process ALL in list"

Then move on with step 9.

If killbox tells you "File does not appear to exist", you can just move on!

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:34 AM

If you are told "File does not appear to exist" you can go with that. To confirm you can search for yourself.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users