Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keeps re-starting-as if on a loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aunt-Sarcastic

Aunt-Sarcastic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hello all B)

I have searched for this topic online before deciding to post here but nothing seems to fit the issue I am having (I mean it comes close but does not really apply to my laptop)

Anyway I've got a Packard Bell easynote laptop and basically I was on the internet and decided to download a certain small document about plants when suddenly the laptop froze. I tried everything but nothing worked and finally had to turn it off by pressing the power button.

When after a while I tried to turn it on again, it began and went onto the first windows page-that is black and where it is starting up, but just as it got to the blue screen it suddenly switched off and re-started. Then I got the black screen explaining that windows didn't start successfully and that I had to try one of four options that includes safe mode, last known good configuration etc. I have tried all the options but nothing works.

The battery and mains power are both fine so there is no problem there!

I have pressed the F2 to get to the BIOS and everything seems normal on there.

The laptop makes a small 'click' kind of noise just before it decides to switch off and start again (it really does sound as if this 'click' noise is causing the laptop to be stuck in a loop and making it restart every time)

Also I will admit that I was irresponsible with this laptop as I did switch it off from the power button rather then the normal way as it had frozen a few times before.

I read in some places that a cd or disk is needed but I don't have either, as this laptop was given to me by a friend who purchased a new laptop a few months back-even if I do ask her, she probably won't have it as she moved to Germany and has more than half her stuff in the U.K and the rest in Germany.

I have gone to internet shops and they've asked for something between 50-80 pounds for repair-I wouldn't mind paying as I got some important documents on this laptop but I am short of money as don't have a job)

Am not sure what to do here and luckily I have another laptop, but since the faulty one has rather important documents and would be good to use as another laptop I would like to get it fixed.

Thanks for reading this and hope to hear from you folks.

Regards S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

Do you know that BSOD code is at the very bottom of the screen?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:59 PM

You might consider using a USB enclosure...to remove the hard drive and move your valued data files from the problem system to the other, assuming that it works and has adequate storage capability.

Louis

#4 Aunt-Sarcastic

Aunt-Sarcastic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:33 PM

You might consider using a USB enclosure...to remove the hard drive and move your valued data files from the problem system to the other, assuming that it works and has adequate storage capability.

Louis

If I got one then how would I go about moving the data? What I mean is how will I be able to tell what files I am removing?

Sorry but my knowledge of computers is pretty basic :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users