Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update KB2158563 will not install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sonrol

sonrol

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

OS is XP Pro SP3. Auto Update is turned on. Update file KB2158563 will not install. I am getting a message that a newer or same version is already installed on my machine... but when I deselect the file to install the Updater continually still wants to install it and the install fails. Even after a reboot the update icon in the tray will appear indicating that the KB2158563 is ready for download.

Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to resolve.

Thank you & Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

You could try downloading it manually and installing it from your desktop.

I would not use AutoUpdate...and I would not worry about the flaws that occur for those who use it.

The obvious work-around something known to be flawed...is to avoid it.

The documented problems with auto update and Windows update...are enough for me to refrain from using automatic updates. I've never had any problems with just going to the Windows Update site.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users