Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MALWARE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abeus

abeus

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

The following post should have been posted on another forum. I have followed up with a re-post at the appropriate location. This post, therefore, can be disregarded.

I joined Bleeping Computer yesterday, November 15th. My computer skill are limited. Previously to joining, on the 10th day of this month, I got several pop-up warnings on my computer screen that my computer was infected. The pop-ups informed me that these infections could be removed by clicking a certain button on the pop-up. I ignored all buttons on all pop-ups. I have several screen prints of these pop-ups but, so far, I haven't been able to determine how to show them here.

My virus protection is the free version of Avast. After getting a few pop-ups, I ran an Avast scan and I have a screen print of those results. After some research, I downloaded Malwarebytes and ran a scan with it. I have a screen print of the results of that scan also.

Since the scans, the original pop-ups have ceased. However, I now get continuous pop-ups from Avast warning me that they have blocked various kinds of Malicious URLs. On at least one occasion, their message has said they had blocked a Trojan Horse. I have a screen print of an example of each of those pop-ups. I also get a lot of "redirects" to various web sites I didn't attempt to enter. Also, after just a short time of being on line my computer slows down drastically.

If anyone can help me clean this mess up, I would be most appreciative.

Edited by abeus, 16 November 2010 - 12:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users