Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SafeDrvee.exe, how to remove?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Clydesdale™

Clydesdale™

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

2 days ago, I did a fresh XP installation; all went well until I inserted a USB flash drive. It had/has a bad ass virus file in it that spread automatically to my C:\, D:\ & K:\ hard drives. The 2 files are SafeDrvee.exe and AutoRun.Inf and they are in all the drives. I deleted them and they come back within 10 secs. FireFox starts on its own and opens to some Chinese site and I get about 4 Chinese apps that pop-up that wants to install on my PC but I just close them. Being it's a fresh XP installation, I could re-do it again but those 2 files that are on the D:\ & K:\ hard drives will spread it back to the C: drive right away so there's not much point.

I tried several apps to clean this out, ESET, CCleaner, Spybot and none worked. I couldn't get Hijack This to open .... something about a file NULL missing????? I Google the files and a few apps were recommended so I downloaded a trial version of one, did the scan, it found 30 type of infections but I had to buy the app in order to clean out so I did. Once registered, it did not clean out any of those files or pop-up so what a rip off. :angry:

What can I use to clear out these files & without getting ripped off? Once they are gone from my 3 hard drives, I don't mind re-installing Windows XP seeing how there's hardly anything on it at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
B)

Edited by Clydesdale™, 16 November 2010 - 02:54 PM.

Clydesdale™

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users