Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crosshair IV Formula DRAM problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Antiz

Antiz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:34 AM

Just finished putting my computer together, went to start it up... and I cant get past the DRAM light :-/ In case youre unfamiliar with the mobo, it has a series of lights that glow red when theres a problem when turning the computer on. The DRAM light is a solid red right now though, and I cant figure out whats wrong for the life me. The RAM is set in snugly, Ive tried a single card, two cards [one per set of slots], ect/ I highly doubt all 4 sticks are DOA's... any suggestions on what I could possibly do?

Specifications:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition (3.2GHz) (6 Core) (6 MB Cache)
AM3 SocketMotherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
System Memory: G Skill 16GB (2 x [2 x 4GB]) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Power Supply: ABS SL series SL1050 1050W Continuous @50C
Video Card: 2x SLI Dual (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.2GB (PhysX) (EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1472-AR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

What operating system are you using, is it a 64-bit operating system?

Are you following the user's manual to be sure of the proper way to populate the RAM when using two modules?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Antiz

Antiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

What operating system are you using, is it a 64-bit operating system?

Are you following the user's manual to be sure of the proper way to populate the RAM when using two modules?

There is no operating system installed yet. The motherboard needs to go through a process before it even lets me see the mobo's BIOS, and detecting the RAM is one of those steps. When I do install, it will be Win 7 Ult 64 bit, since 32bit wont use over 4g.

I've doubled checked both the motherboards user manual and the companies site- I'm positive the RAM was in the correct slots for both the single and dual card configurations. For when I was using four cards, well... theres only four slots, so it shouldnt have mattered where I put which card.

#4 Antiz

Antiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Bump. Would like to know if this is fixable before buying different RAM to test out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users