Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! Trojan Java Selace M, Rogue Fake SpyPro, and other bad things!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cerelein

Cerelein

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

Okay, well, my laptop has been through a lot of abuse recently. It's had virus after virus upon virus. I've tried a lot of a-v's and none have kept it clean for more than 3 months. I formatted the hard drive about 6 months ago when my computer got a large, very nasty trojan and(which two computer repair services gave up on trying to remove) BSOD'd repeatedly (it was a weird BSOD, too, no error statement).

Now I have PC Tools ThreatFire, Microsoft Security Essentials, and MBAM, and this combo worked for a while, but the other day my computers performance plummeted drastically, and I got a warning message from microsoft saying ThreatFire had encountered a problem and needed to close (the generic error message for this, just like if firefox froze or something). But then, when I tried to re-open ThreatFire to get it running again, it wouldn't open. I'd click it, it would give me the hourglass cursor for a few seconds, then stop. I ran a scan with Microsoft Security Essentials, and it gave me this:

Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.EQ
Trojan:Java/Selace.M
Exploit:Java/CVE-2009-3867.CA
Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.GG
Exploit:Java/CVE-2009-5867.DN
Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.JH
Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.LR
Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.MW
Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.GX
Exploit:Java/CVE-2009-3867.EH
Exploit:Java/CVE-2008-5353.DL
Rogue:Win32/FakeSpypro

So I use Microsoft Security Essentials to remove the malware and then used system restore to restore my computer to more than a month before to be safe. In retrospect that may not have been smart since I don't know for sure where I picked up the virus, but restoring did seem to work for about 2 weeks. I ran MBAM (full scan) a few times during that time period and it came up clean. Now today, my computer is showing the same symptoms as before: ThreatFire disabled, Computer slow, running at at least 80% CPU usage all the time, even with just firefox open, but this time MBAM ran clean and Microsoft Security Essentials came up clean, too.

Basically, is my performance problem a residual effect of the virus, a new virus, the same virus back full force, or simply my computer being old? (which it is, it's a Dell Inspiron 1501 from 2007) How can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users