Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Poser Content Installation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

This seems to be the appropriate board for this? I hope so...

After installing Win 7 and rebuilding my hard drive with all of my apps, I decided to upgrade to Poser Pro 2010. This meant installing my old version first, then buying the upgrade, etc. Once I had done that, I began to reinstall all of my Poser content.

Everything went smoothly, until I tried to install the DAZ model, TheGirl 4. During the installation process, you are asked if you're installing for DAZ or Poser. I selected Poser. You are then asked to provide the path to the folder containing the Poser Pro executable file. For me, that is: "C:\Program File\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2010." This is the path that I browsed to. However, when I click the "Next" button to begin the installation, I receive an error message telling me that I must select the folder that contains the Poser executable file.

I've tried this four times, being quite careful to make sure that I'm directing the installation to the proper folder. I get the same error message each time.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen? I had no problems with my earlier version of Poser.

Edited by MelissaPleases, 16 November 2010 - 12:54 AM.

Snowden03.png

~   Notorious Thread Killer   ~
Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

I would think you could find it in here

#3 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

I would think you could find it in here

Thanks for your reply, Martel. I did try this, actually, and the installation runs, but Poser is unable to open the content. This is most perplexing, because before I upgraded to Windows 7, I never had one bit of problem installing content for Poser, whether it was originally a DAZ product, or a Poser product. I am beginning to think that this might just be a Win 7 issue.

It's not a major deal, really. I like the content (The Girl), but it is not something I rely on heavily. It would be nice if I could figure this out, though. I hate unresolved issues...

Edited by MelissaPleases, 19 November 2010 - 11:21 PM.

Snowden03.png

Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper Full ATX | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170X | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB 512-Bit | PSU: EVGA 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 SDRAM [4x8GB] Audio: Integrated Creative Sound Core 3D 5.1 | Internal Storage: Samsung 2 TB HDD | Seagate 1 TB HDD | Samsung 500GB SSD [x2] | Mushkin 500GB SSD | External Storage: Seagate 2TB | Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS324 Dual Layer

Display 1: AOC I2757Fh 27" | Display 2 & 3: LG 24MP57HQ-P 24" | Operating Systems: OS 1: Windows 10 Professional | OS 2: Linux Mint Cinnamon | OS 3: Windows 7 Ultimate x-64 | Antivirus: MS Security Essentials | Firewall: Windows Firewall

#4 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

This is most perplexing, because before I upgraded to Windows 7, I never had one bit of problem installing content for Poser, whether it was originally a DAZ product, or a Poser product. I am beginning to think that this might just be a Win 7 issue.

It's not a major deal, really. I like the content (The Girl), but it is not something I rely on heavily. It would be nice if I could figure this out, though. I hate unresolved issues...

I am inclined to agree about the Windows 7.
It has to be resolved.

I would start a new incident?

#5 MelissaPleases

MelissaPleases
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:35 PM

I am inclined to agree about the Windows 7.
It has to be resolved.

I would start a new incident?

Yes, I think you're probably correct. I seldom utilize corporate support. I can usually find the answers I need in places like this. Corporate support can take forever... <_<

Snowden03.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users