Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, and good tidings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Seda

Seda

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

Hello everyone. You may refer to me as Seda. I joined this community of fellow computer people in order to gain help on some problems I've had over the past years concerning viruses and what not. I've had a terrible experience throughout my years when my family first got a computer. We all took turns, and eventually we all fought over it. But sooner or later, we realized that the true problems about the computer would soon come. Our first virus took us by surprise and nearly cost us the computer and since then it had never ran the same again, it was eventually replaced a year or two later, when it simply couldn't work anymore.

Our new computer came in, and just as I knew it, more viruses came. I did all the best I could to help the computer so that my family could use it without fear of losing vital information, information that could ruin our lives. The viruses kept coming, and soon I found that we had to get two anti-virus programs. I feared the worse would come soon. And it did.

I fought over a certain virus that was determined to destroy the very hardware it was on. After nearly a month of researching, fighting, fustration, failure, fear, and buying, I had overcame the virus that took the computer's helm. It was a bit ago, and remembering that situation made my mind wander into the treacherous probabilities that could ensue if a virus would ever come again.

I loathe these viruses, trojans, and more so the people that create them. I fear that one day as my mother enters her credit card number for an online purchase, that some sneaky, devious, and underhanded criminal planted a script copier, and soon stole family's money, along with our home, and everything we had. I grew tired as the days past wondering what I could do to stop this. Every moment that I went to use the computer, something always seemed... off. Something was never right. And indeed I was right.

It was with the help of my friends, both in life and online, that they directed me to Malwarebytes. A simple scan detected many a trojan upon the mainframe and I thought I was clear. But my father declared that no longer that I would stay hours on end trying to find some "fictional" virus upon the computer. Despite my best efforts, I always had a lingering doubt that something was lurking on there, and it would be the last mistake I will ever make if it caused great harm to my family.

One year passed, and still the computer feels off. I have my own labtop now and as I type right now, the fears that a super virus as such in the past would come and strike at any moment. I kept my eye on every process that happened on my computer. Every .exe was triple checked, every program that looked suspicious was stopped, and I even kept offline sometimes. A year has gone by without a virus, but now I have caught something.

All it took was a simple little trojan to perpetuate my worries into the horizon as I stared blankly at the screen at the very sentence that said.
"Infections Detected"
All my dilligent work had been for naught, something had escaped me and now I fear the worse has come again. I've posted about this in the appropiate forum, and I will wait with all due anticipation for my answer to come. Until then, I must remain calm that everything is alright on this computer. The very thought of losing everything I've worked so hard on, especially my artwor, will vanish.

So I registered today in hopes that I can recieve help and information regarding my worries and concerns. Of course, my introduction seems a rather long, but it is only the surface of my struggles against people who want to destroy technology that can advance the future of so many fields. I want the criminals found and for justice to deal a swift punishment to them for their evil purpose.

After all this, I say Hello! to everyone on these forums who've had these problems and too want to seek remedy for their troubles. Best of wishes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

The very thought of losing everything I've worked so hard on, especially my artwor, will vanish.

It is absolutely essential that you have backups of any important files. Not just because of viruses and the like, but also computer hard drives fail all the time - without backups you could be serious trouble.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users