- I am trying to create a tunnel between my personal home computer running Windows 7 and a remote virtual machine running Windows Server 2008 Enterprise.
- The goal is to be able to use the internet connection from the virtual machine while on the personal computer.
- Or alternatively create a proxy that redirects traffic to/from the personal home computer through the virtual machine.
- Remote Desktop connection
- Virtual Machine (Windows Server Enterprise 2008)
- Home PC (Windows 7)
- Linksys Router (PC connects to this currently)
- Can't run command prompt on Virtual Machine (server)
- Can't access or modify Control Panel settings on Virtual Machine
So far I have been able to use Remote Connection to view the Virtual Machine and browse the web (etc.) but wish to route all my outgoing traffic through the virtual machine and back to my home computer.
While I feel I have some ideas on how to do this I am not sure the best way to approach a solution. VPN, SSH, other technique/software?
Edited by DrKevorkian, 16 November 2010 - 12:22 AM.